Our B&B, more than 200 years old, is one of the oldest buildings of Bad Elster. Some dates and pictures:
- First construction before 1800 on the former sheep farm grounds of a manor. From this time there are conserved 3 rooms with domed ceiling, which form now our room number 1 with bathroom and corridor.
- First reconstruction in 1807, supposedly by Johann Gottlieb Müller from Auerbach: Court of justice.
- First registration in the land charge register on 2 April 1846: The owners at that time were the chambers director Carl Christoph Schmidt and a public servant named Franz Brunner, also owners of the manor of Elster.
- Second reconstruction and remodeling to a B&B “Villa Linde” (neo-renaissance style with ornate pediments) in 1893, by Paul Dix, including the first loft conversion.
- First entry in the visitors’ book in June 1900, since then guests from all over the world, as for example Saint Petersburg, New York, Copenhagen, Moscow and San Francisco.